• Crisis Number
  • Hide Site
Support, Encourage, Enable


General Enquires

How old do you have to be to access the service?

18 years old. (If younger we can refer to one of our partners)

Can I self - refer?

Yes, you can refer yourself into nearly all of our programmes and activities  - including our therapeutic services. 

You can ring any of centres or just call in and book yourself an appointment. 

I'm not sure what support I need or where to start?

Sometimes it can be daunting to get the help that you need or to know where to start.  If you are not sure which of our services my be best for you, simply call or pop in to your nearest centre.  Our friendly team will have a chat about your needs and help you to identify the best place to start.

Can I just drop in to my local centre?

Yes, you are welcome to drop in to your local centre anytime between 10 am and 3 pm (we offer an appointment only service outside of this time).

You can chat to our friendly team about what type of support you might be looking for and which service might be best for you.  They can then arrange an appointment for further support or to access services.  You can stop for a coffee and browse our leaflets and information.

At each of our centres we provide a range of 'drop in' activities, where there is no need to book and you can simply join in.  This includes coffee mornings, some peer support groups and IT access.  To find out what activities are running at your local centre click here.

Do I have to access my nearest centre?

No, we understand that not everybody wishes to access support in their local community and you are free to attend activities at any our centres.

All our support is offered in a safe and confidential environment.

Counselling Service

What Different Types Of Therapies Do You Offer?

We offer a range of talking therapies which includes:

  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
  • Counselling
  • Couple Therapy
  • High Intensity Therapy
  • Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner

Following a referral into service, you will be offered an assessment appointment (usually within 48 hours) and a trained therapist will work with you to identify what type of therapy would benefit you most.

What Is Counselling?

Counselling is a safe space to explore your feelings, and or options and find your own answers.

What Is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)?

CBT is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which explores how thoughts affect our feelings and actions and supports you to consider how by changing our thoughts we can effectively change our feelings and actions.

How Can I Refer Someone To The Service?

1. Email: wellbeing@nhs.net OR call: 0808 280 3160

2. We will the contact the client withing 48 hrs after in order to book an assessment.

3. They will then be offered a 1-1 assessment in their choice of centres.

4.The therapist will discuss with them the different types of therapy available and together they will decide which is best for the clients needs and issues.

Can I Self - Refer?

Yes, you can self refer into our therapeutic services. 

1. Email: wellbeing@nhs.net OR call: 0808 280 3160.

2. You will then be booked for a pre therapy assessment or contacted within 48 hrs after receipt of your email in order to book an assessment.

3. You will have a 1-1 assessment in your choice of centres.

4.The therapist will discuss with you the different types of therapy available and together you will decide which is best for your needs and issues.

How Long will I Have To Wait Before I Receive Support?

Following receipt of your referral (self or agency) you will receive a call back from our Therapeutic Service Coordinator within two working days.  

Your first assessment appointment  will be booked in for between 3-5 working days.  Following assessment, you will be allocated an appropriate therapist from our team and agree a regular appointment slot at a time to suit you.  You can expect to start your treatment within X

What Can Talking Therapies Help Me With?

We can work with you to address a wide range of issues impacting upon your mental and emotional wellbeing to help you alleviate distress and bring about positive changes.  The types of issues which we can support you to address might include:

  • Feelings of panic or anxiety
  • Depression and low mood
  • Phobias and other compulsive behaviour
  • Family or relationship distress
  • Bereavement
  • Abuse, either past or present


Do I Need To Book A Place On The Work Club?

No need to book it's a drop - in - session, just come along.

What Support Can You Offer ?

We have employability programmes running to help anyone unemployed, ill, disabled or a carer and this will be centred around the persons needs e.g. CV writing, digital support, interview techniques, confidence building

Do You Offer Digital Support?

Yes we are part of the BBO (Building Better Opportunities) which enables to help anyone unemployed, disabled or ill with help with any education around computers.

How Can I Refer?

Contact your local centre, and ask to speak to Maira or Emily


Is This Course For Me?

We have a pre-course questionnaire available to help you make the decision. Click here to access it. 

Which Course Can I Start On?

If you haven't been on any of our courses before then click here for a pre-course questionnaire, if you're still unsure then please call one of our centres. 

How Many People Will Be On The Course?

We try and keep the groups smaller and remember that everyone is nervous and unsure on the first session, you are all in the same boat! 

Money Advice

How Do I Refer?

You can call or drop into the centre nearest to you and you will be given an appointment.

What Can You Help Me With?

We can work with you to address a wide range of issues that can be affecting you. The types of issues which we can support you with might include:

  • Benefits ( applications, mandatory reconsiderations and appeals)
  • Budgeting
  • Rent Arrears
  • FCA regulated Debt counselling (creditor mediation, token payments, financial statements)
  • Council Tax Arrears

AVERT Conditional Caution

How Will This Affect My DBS? (Disclosure and Barring Service)

A conditional caution will show up in a routine DBS check if deemed relevant 

Do I have to attend these appointments, what happens if I don't?

When you sign the form to accept the Conditional Caution you are agreeing to complete the conditions noted.  You must contact the police if you are struggling to comply to see if new arrangements can be made.  Failure to attend all the appointments could result in you being prosecuted for the original offence.

What Happens At The Appointments

The appointments will consist of an assessment, action planning and goal setting, support relevant to your needs and an evaluation of the process. The support offered will be tailored to your individual circumstances, if you have been referred following a shoplifting offence due to financial issues the support, for example,  will include debt, budgeting or benefit advice.

Penalty Notice Disposal (Education) (PNDE)

What Happens When I Attend For My PNDE? (Penalty Notice Disposal)

On receipt of your PNDE you will be given instructions on how to book onto the course, which will be arranged for the nearest convenient LWC centre. The course consists of one 3 hour appointment , with this time being split between an assessment, some  group work relevant to the offence and an evaluation of the day. You must bring ID to these sessions. 

How Will A PNDE Affect My DBS? (Disclosure and Barring Service)

A PND (Penalty Notice Disorder) does not form part of a criminal record but a record will be created on the Police National Computer (PNC) for PNDs issued for recordable offences.  A PND may be disclosed as part of an enhanced DBS check if deemed relevant.

Do I Have To Attend These Appointments, What Happens If I Don’t?

You must contact the police if you are struggling to attend to see if a new appointment can be made.  A person given a PND has 21 days to either book a course, pay a penalty of £60 or £90 or request a Court hearing.  If you fail to do either then a fine of one and a half times the penalty amount is registered in a magistrates’ court for enforcement.